- You are a company admin on the Xero or QuickBooks Online (QBO) account.
- Oyster is configured as a vendor on the Xero or QBO account.
- Your Oyster Account Currency equals your Xero or QBO Account Currency.
- You know how Oyster Payroll components should map to the Xero or QBO Chart of Accounts.
- Go to the Available Integrations Tab.
- Find Xero or QuickBooks Online and click Connect.
- Login with your Xero or QBO credentials.
- Select the vendor in your Xero or QBO account that corresponds to Oyster. If you do not see any vendors in the dropdown, click the Refresh data button to update the list from your accounting software.
- Confirm contractors (fixed contractors only), if any, to be linked. The system will link contractors based on the email address registered in Oyster and your ERP account. On this screen you can see which contractors the system was able to find by clicking on the options Linked and Not Linked. For contractors that are Not Linked, make sure they are configured as vendors in your ERP with the same email they use in Oyster. You can always view this later in your integration settings on Oyster.
Remember - any time you hire a new contractor, you need to add them in your ERP system for the invoices to sync. We currently don't support syncing pay-as-you-go contractor invoices.
- Assign a default account - the account you want to assign payment items to by default when there is an unmapped invoice item. This will prevent the invoice sync from breaking. Click here for more details on default account mapping.
- Submit the default account and your integration is enabled! One last step is to customize data mapping to your needs - head over to My Integrations page and click on Settings.
- Under the Mapping tab, you will be able to map individual invoice components to your Chart of Accounts. You can also map these by Cost Center if you categorize costs by department. Click here for more details about mapping by Cost Center. You can always change these again.
Note: You may notice there are quite a few payroll components, but don’t worry - new line items will only be created in your ERP system if there is a value present in that field.
- Click Save and you are done!
- Currently, the integration only works with the following invoice types:
- Monthly Payment (full-time team members)
- Contractor Oyster fee
- Contractor Monthly payment
- PAYG, Contractor Expense, and Credit invoices are not currently supported but will be supported in a future release.
- If you paid an Oyster invoice, you will need to mark the bill as paid in your Xero or QBO account as it will not be done automatically.