- You are a company admin on the NetSuite account
- Oyster is configured as a vendor on the NetSuite account
- Your Oyster account currency equals your NetSuite account currency.
- You know how Oyster payroll components should map to the NetSuite chart of accounts.
In order for the integration to properly create bills in NetSuite with the right taxes applied, please make sure you have one of the following tax rates configured in NetSuite.
Option 1: have only 1 country configured with tax rates and at least one of those tax rates is tax exempt.
Option 2: configure a new tax rate named “NON” or “NONE” set as tax exempt and, if applicable, the value for "Subsidiaries" should be set as the parent company and the "Include Children" box should be checked.
- In the left nav, click Company > Integrations.
- Click on the Available Integrations tab.
- Find NetSuite and click Connect
- Check the prerequisites and click Proceed to Connect
- A window will pop up to install a NetSuite bundle. Follow the steps to install.
- Next, follow the steps to enable SuiteCloud features in NetSuite
Here's a sample screenshot of the Enable Features page on NetSuite:
- Continue to the last step and confirm the link setup
- You will then be asked to allow the bundle to access your data via the integration. Click Allow. This is necessary for the integration to work, but can be revoked at any time within NetSuite.
- Confirm the company you are connecting (Oyster).
- That completes the authorization process, but you have a few more steps left. Back on the Oyster screen, select the vendor in NetSuite that corresponds to Oyster. If you do not see any vendors in the dropdown, click the Refresh data button to update the list from NetSuite.
- Confirm contractors, if any, to be linked. The system will find contractors based on the email address registered in Oyster and your ERP account. On this screen you can see which contractors the system was able to find by clicking on the options Linked and Not Linked. For contractors that are Not Linked, make sure they are configured as vendors in your ERP with the same email they use in Oyster. You can always view this later in your integration settings on Oyster. For more detailed information about linking contractors, see this help article.
Remember - any time you hire a new contractor, you need to add them in your ERP system with the email address on their Oyster account for the invoices to sync.
- Assign a default account- the account you want to assign payment items to by default when there is an unmapped invoice item. This will prevent the invoice sync from breaking. Click here for more details on default account mapping.
- Submit the default account and your integration is enabled! One last step is to customize data mapping to your needs - head over to My Integrations page and click on settings.
- Under the Mapping tab, you will be able to map individual invoice components to your Chart of Accounts. You can also map these by Cost Center if you categorize costs by department. Click here for more details about mapping by Cost Center. You can always change these again.
Note: You may notice there are quite a few payroll components, but don’t worry - new line items will only be created in your ERP system if there is a value present in that field.
- Click Save Changes and you are done!
- The integration will sync the following invoice types:
- Monthly Payment (full-time team members)
- Contractor Oyster fee
- Contractor Monthly payment (Fixed contractors)
- PAYG (pay as you go)
- Contractor Expense
- If you paid an Oyster invoice, you will need to mark the bill as paid in your NetSuite account as it will not be done automatically