The time-off integration between Oyster and Workday enables you to automatically pull, create, and sync time-off requests in Oyster when your team members use Workday to request time off. Any time off requests created or updated in Workday automatically sync back to Oyster.
Enable the time off add-on
Map the Oyster time-off types to the Workday types
Mapping ensures the data coming from Workday is reflected correctly in Oyster.
- Select the Mapping tab at the top of the Workday Settings page and click Edit.
- For each type of Oyster time off, select the corresponding type of Workday time off from the drop-down.
Vacation and Sick leave time off types get mapped automatically. You can adjust as necessary.
- Click Save changes.
Note: You will be able to map records after we import the first Time-off record.
You're done! When your team members request time off in Workday, the request is automatically pulled into Oyster.
- All time off requests must now go through Workday.
- The Oyster's Request time off button is hidden for both Team Members and Admins.
- If there are PTO types that we don't have the equivalent for in Oyster, those can only be mapped once the integration picks up those types of requests from Workday.
- The request type will be visible as "unmapped."
- The request will not affect the balance of any policy in Oyster.
- Updates in Workday are automatically pulled into Oyster (approvals, rejections, etc.).
- All notification emails are sent by Workday, Oyster will not send notification emails.
- The integration currently does not support file transfers (medical notes). The process will remain manual for now where the Support team gets notified and will follow up if necessary.
If the time-off integration is switched off, Oyster will stop pulling time-off records from Workday.
- If switched back on, Oyster will sync with Hibob and pull only the requests that occurred while the integration was off. After the sync, balances will be up to date. Duplication of requests will not occur.