- Will my team’s health benefits be transferred?
Your team’s health benefits coverage with SafetyWings and IMG will not change.
- What will happen to any accrued holidays and leaves?
All accrued but unused vacation days at the point of resignation will be paid out accordingly. This is a normal process during any resignation. Your Team Member is ending their employment with GoGlobal and joining Oyster. With Oyster as the new employer, your Team Member will start to accrue leave for the remainder of the year.
- How will my Team Members be paid for their accrued but unused vacation days?
Your Team Members’ current employer of record, GoGlobal, will confirm their accrued but untaken vacation days and will pay them as part of their normal offboarding pay cycle. Please ask your Team Member to check with GoGlobal to find out how this will work.
- Can my Team Member use their accrued vacation days instead of having them paid out?Your Team Members can use their remaining vacation days as long as their request for time off is approved by the cut-off date for the final month of employment (See: What are cut off dates?). Vacation days can not be canceled or added after the cut-off date.
- What if my Team Member has already booked a vacation in the latter part of 2022? Will they be paid as normal?
The answer is maybe. It will depend on whether or not your Team Member has enough leave days to take as part of their normal allowance. If not, the days may be taken as unpaid, but remember, they will have already been paid for the untaken, accrued days from the first part of the year with their original employer.
- What will happen to severance “TFR” pay?
TFR accrued will be paid out by the end date with the third-party employer. The new employment agreement with the Oyster-owned entity will re-enroll your Team Members in TFR.
- Will my team's payroll be impacted?
No changes will happen on the payroll front. Your Team Member’s salary including any bonuses and allowances will be prorated and paid by the agreed end date with the third-party employer.
- Will Team Members need to redo their health and safety training?
If your Team Members have completed the H&S training during their employment with GoGlobal Italy and are able to provide certificates of completion, they will not need to complete the training again. Otherwise, Oyster will arrange the training to be completed within the first 60 days of employment with Oyster.
- Will Team Members need new medical checks?
Yes, your Team Members must complete a new medical check within the first 60 days of their employment with Oyster. Medical checks are performed each time the legal employer changes. We currently have 5 locations in Italy (Vimercate, Roma, Bari, Piedmont and Sardinia regions) where the medical checks can be conducted for your Team Members. You would need to cover any possible costs associated with travel to these locations.