Filing for new or updating your tax registration vary per country. During your onboarding in Ireland, it is important to remember the following:
- Provide your Personal Public Service (PPS) Number to Oyster before your start date.
- Update your employment details through MyAccount on the Revenue website to avoid excessive tax deductions due to emergency tax.
NOTE: This is a government website and external to Oyster.
- Provide your start date and Oyster's tax registration number which is 3747807TH.
- Log into Revenue.
- Click Sign in to myAccount (top right hand corner).
- Click on Register Now.
- Click Start Registration and follow the screen prompts.
- Step 1: Complete the registration form
- Step 2: Enter your temporary password
- Step 3: Create a new password
- After completing the screen prompts, click Finish registration. Note that you will need to complete each step before you are able to proceed to the next screen.
- A welcome note will appear asking you to confirm the details you have already entered, after validating, click Save and Continue.
- Your bank account details will pop up for you to update. This will be required for any tax refunds
due to you. Fill in and click Update.
- Reach out to the Revenue office directly to ensure your tax certificate is up to date. This means tax credits and cut-off points are assigned before the Tax Certificate is consulted by our Payroll Provider for each pay period.
- In case of overpaid taxes, you must have Cumulative taxation basis in order to get a refund through payroll within the same tax year.
- To get a refund for the previous tax year, you need to reach out to Revenue separately and apply for the tax refund so as to be transferred directly to your bank account.