As part of your onboarding onto the Oyster platform, you will need to sign between two and four contracts which will enable us to process your employment effectively. Depending on which country you are located in, there may be supplemental documents you will be asked to sign as part of your onboarding.
Employment Agreement with Oyster
This agreement contains the terms governing your employment with Oyster and the provision of services to the Oyster Customer you are assigned to. The contract spells out information regarding aspects of your employment such as:
Remote Work Schedule
This schedule contains information relating to the specifics of remote working and spells out specific information including:
- Work schedule (hours)
- Remote work expectations
- Work equipment
- Remote work expenses
Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Agreement
This agreement contains the terms governing your required confidentiality and the assignment of rights related to any intellectual property generated by you during your provision of services to the Oyster Customer. The contract spells out information regarding:
- What is Confidential?
- What are the Team Member’s Obligations?
- What if there is a Disclosure?
- Intellectual Property
- What are IP Rights and Works?
- What IP Rights are transferred, licensed, or waived?
- What are the Team Member’s obligations to the Oyster Customer related to IP Rights and Works?
Restrictive Covenant Agreement
This agreement contains restrictions known as “restrictive covenants,” which limit certain team member conduct for a period of time post-employment, in relation to the customer for whom you will be performing services. This agreement can include three restrictions:
- Non-solicitation of employees (meaning you agree not to solicit employees of the customer)
- Non-solicitation of customers (meaning you will not solicit customers of the customer)
- Non-competition (meaning you will not compete with the customer)