1. What will happen to my health benefits?
There will be no impact on health benefits. If you were previously enrolled with SafetyWing or IMG, you will continue to be enrolled there.
2. What will happen to my accrued holidays/leaves in the old contract?
- Christmas bonus and vacation allowance proportional for the period of January-April will be paid along with your last salary payment with the third-party employer by the end of April.
- All unused vacation days will be assigned to your employment agreement with Oyster.
3. What will be the timeframe between offboarding from the local partner and onboarding into the Oyster owned entity?
The offboarding from the local partner and onboarding into the Oyster entity will go hand-in-hand and there will be no gap in salaried days.
4. What is the process to transfer my employment from the third-party employer in Portugal and onboard into the Oyster owned entity / Oyster Direct?
The migration is designed keeping a seamless experience for you in mind. Here is how the transfer and onboarding process will pan out:
- We will share an employment transfer agreement and new employment agreement which will require your signature. These agreements are filled out with your current remuneration and a clause acknowledging your continued employment, seniority, and the right to take vacations accrued during the period when you were employed with the third-party employer.
- You will receive a settlement receipt and will be onboarded into the Oyster owned local entity after these two agreements are signed.
5. Will my April payroll be impacted?
No changes will happen on the payroll front. Your April salary and any Christmas bonus and vacation allowance proportional for the period of January-April with the third-party employer will be paid by the end of April.