1. How will health benefits be transferred?
There will be no impact on health benefits. Your team members previously enrolled with SafetyWing or IMG will continue to be enrolled there for health insurance. There is no action required from you and your team’s end.
2. What will happen to any accrued holidays and leaves?
- Christmas bonus and vacation allowance proportional for the period of January-April will be paid along with the last salary payment with the third-party employer by the end of April.
- All unused vacation days will be assigned to the employment agreement with Oyster.
3. What is the process transfer my Portugal team's employment from the third-party employer and onboard them into the Oyster owned entity / Oyster Direct?
This is how the full process will pan out:
- Our Hiring Success team will share a transfer and new employment agreement with the Oyster-owned entity in Portugal with you for your review. These agreements will be proposed to your team member and will already be filled out with their current remuneration and a clause acknowledging their continued employment, seniority, and the right to take vacations accrued during the period when they were employed by their current employer(the third-party employer)
- After your review we will send a transfer agreement and new employment agreement with the Oyster-owned entity in Portugal to your team members in Portugal for their signature.
- As soon as the transfer agreement and new employment agreement is signed, the Hiring Success team will send your team member a settlement receipt.
- After the above mentioned documents are signed, your team member will be transferred to the Oyster owned entity in Portugal on the date which will be indicated in those documents.
4. What will be the timeframe between offboarding from the local partner and onboarding into the Oyster owned entity?
The offboarding from the local partner and onboarding into the Oyster entity will go hand-in-hand and there will be no gap in salaried days.
5. Will my team's April payroll be impacted?
No changes will happen on the payroll front. Your team's April salary and any Christmas bonus and vacation allowance proportional for the period of January-April with the third-party employer will be paid by the end of April.