This article covers:
- Overview of the changes
- Coverage details of the new plan
- Differences between Canada Life and Sun Life
- Enrollment Steps
- Sun Life Claims Reimbursement
- Other FAQs
- Important dates
Effective March 1, 2022, we will move your health benefits provider to Canada Life. The change has been prompted because Sun Life Financial, our current benefits provider, no longer supports our global employment model.
What is covered in the new plan?
Oyster Health Canada, powered by Canada Life, offers coverage for critical illness, life insurance, dependents, long term disability, and extended coverage for paramedical, dental, and vision benefits. The coverage offers two plans -- Individual and Family.
How is this new plan different from your previous plan?
Canada Life offers multiple key improvements to your coverage, as listed below. Your other benefits like vision, prescription drugs, emergency care remains the same.
You can find the full coverage brochure here.
(Effective March 1, 2022)
|Sun Life Financial|
|Life Insurance||Covered up to 1 times annual earning (maximum of $500,000 CAD)||$25,000 CAD|
Up to $1500 CAD
(50% major coverage included)
(Major coverage not included)
|Long Term Disability||$15,000 CAD maximum per month||
$6,000 CAD maximum per month
How can you enroll into the new plan?
Enrollment is easy and 100% online. Our insurance advisor in Canada (Silverberg Group) will manage the migration through an automated enrollment process. Silverberg Group will reach out to team members via email for the enrollment.
How can claims before March 1, 2022 be reimbursed?
You can submit any claims incurred up to February 28, 2022 to Sun Life Financial before March 31, 2022 to ensure your claims are reimbursed. The claims can be submitted directly on the platform or app until February 28, 2022. Any claim submissions after this date, will need to be mailed to Sun Life using these forms.
Other points to note:
- This coverage is 100% employer covered and not shared with the team members
- Contractors are not covered under this plan
Dates to remember:
- Canada Life will be effective from March 1, 2022.
- Team members can submit claims incurred up to February 28, 2022, to Sun Life Financial until March 31, 2022.
- Enrollment process for Canada Life will begin from February 21, 2022 by our insurance advisor, Silverberg Group. Silverberg group will reach out to Canadian team members over email.