In order to take time off, you need to submit a request on the Oyster platform, in the time off section.
- You are signed in to your Team Member account on the Oyster app.
- Sick note certificate as needed.
- Go to Time off in the left panel.
- Click on Request time off on the right.
- Select the type of time off and reason. Reasons vary depending on what you select under time off type.
Note: One working day is equivalent to eight hours.
- Select the start and end times. Team Members are unable to apply for past-dated time off. To do this, please follow the guidelines in our article How can I submit a past-dated time off request?
- Add any additional information or attachments for your Manager (this is optional).
Note: Oyster Support may follow up with you to collect required documentation for sick leave requests if not already attached.
- Once you’re done with the steps above, click on Submit request in order to process the time off request.
- Your time off request will only cover your working days. If your time off request overruns into your day off (weekend), it will not affect your overall balance. The same applies to public holidays.
- If you try to file your time off for a past date and receive an auto-rejection, please visit our article How can I submit a past-dated time off request?