When a Team Member submits a time off request, the admins of your company will receive an email notification. You can approve a time off request submitted by your Team Member on the Oyster platform, or directly in the email received.
- You are a company Admin or Team Manager
- You are signed in to your account on the Oyster app as an Admin or a Team Manager
You can either approve a time off via the Oyster app or the email you received. With either approval method, the Team Member will be notified by email. Team Members can view the status of the request in Oyster app as well.
Via the Oyster app:
Go to Team on the navigation bar on the left.
Click on Time off.
- Review the Type and Reason.
- Click on Actions.
Click on either approve or reject the request.
- Select "Reject Request".
- With either approval method, the Team Member will be notified by email.
- Team Members can view the status of the request in Oyster.
- All Oyster admins will also receive an approval email unless a Team Manager has been assigned. Any admin or the Team Manager can approve the request in Oyster.
- To review the roles on the Oyster platform, visit our article Oyster Platform Roles
- Past-dated time off cannot be logged by a Team Member on the Oyster platform. Only a Company Admin or Oyster support can create a time off record on a Team Member’s behalf. You can refer to the guide in our article How do I add a backdated time off request for a Team Member?
- Any request that has not been approved before the start date of the request will be automatically rejected.