Admins can review and approve time-off requests instantly. The admin receives an email notification when a team member applies for leave. Admins can approve the time off requests directly within the email or can approve within Oyster.
Here is how the admin can approve a request within Oyster
- Go to Team on the navigation panel
- Click on Time off
- Find the team member’s time off request
- Review the Type and Reason
- Click on Action
- Approve the request
To approve via email, simply select "Approve Request".
With either approval method, the team member will be notified by email. Also, team members can view the status of the request in Oyster and the status will be Approved.
- All Oyster admins will receive an approval email, unless a Team Manager has been assigned. Any admin, or the Team Manager, can approve the request in Oyster.
- Requests will be automatically rejected if they are not approved before the start date of the request (unless the request was submitted for a past date).
- If the team member is unable to apply for time off via Oyster, the admin can create a time off record on their behalf.
- If a request was made for an incorrect date and approved please contact us to cancel the request.