Connecting your UK bank account
If you have your bank account in the UK and you pay invoices in pounds (£), this article will help you connect your UK bank account to Oyster to streamline payments. Once you approve an invoice, funds will be automatically pulled from your connected bank account. We will only ever pull funds with your approval.
1. First, go to Payments in the navigation menu. Select the Payment information tab and then select Add payment method:
2. You will then be redirected to a form where you will need to provide:
- The email address of the person at your company that will receive an email within three days regarding to confirm the direct debit/BACS setup
- The sort code and account number that you want Oyster to pull money from
- The account holder name and billing address details
3. Once you click on Set up Direct Debit you will arrive at the confirmation page. Here you can see a summary of the details and an explanation about email notifications. If you need to edit this information you can click on the Modify link on the top right corner. If everything looks good, click Confirm:
4. Then, you will be redirected back to the Payment information page where you will see that your account has been added and automatically verified & authorized:
You have now finished the BACS setup.
Note that your bank must allow BACS (direct debit). Most of the banks do, however there are some cases where their client (you) have to enable it, and in other cases banks may have limits to the maximum amount to be paid by BACS. Please check with your bank if you are unsure about the process for enabling BACS.