For when you want to add bonuses, commissions, and other one-time payments
Additional payments can be submitted at any time in the year. They are amounts you want to pay your team members on top of their monthly salaries such as bonuses and commissions. These pay adjustments can be made for full-time employees and fixed contractors.
- You are logged in as a company admin user on the Oyster platform
- You are making a payroll change for a team member who is hired as a salaried employee or a fixed contractor
- You are adding a one-time payment, such as a commission or a bonus.*
Steps:1. Go to the
Payrollpage in the navigation menu
2. On the payroll page you can see an overview of the estimated payroll amounts for your team members.
3. To add an additional payment, click
Add payroll change button on the top right corner.
4. Select who you want to pay, the payment type, and the amount. You can enter the amount in your account currency or your team member's currency.
5. Select your Payment Schedule. Choose
One time if you want to add a one-off payment on a specific month. Choose
Monthly recurring if you want to make recurring monthly payments for a specified period of time.
Note: you will not be able to make changes to the current month if the cut-off date has passed. The amount should be input in the team member's local currency (based on country of employment).
Submit Request and you are done!
6. Don't worry if you made a mistake or want to make edits. Here is how you can edit or delete a pay supplement.
In order to make additional payments in the immediate month, requests must be submitted by the cut-off dates (see also: What are cut-off dates?). The cut-off date is indicated on the payroll page for each team member.
E.g. From the screenshot above, to pay Valentina Morales a bonus at the end of February, the additional payment must be submitted before the 4th of February.
You can add pay supplements ahead of time, up to the end of the current year.
* Please note that if you wish to add a recurring monthly allowance or increase the team member's salary, you must submit this request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recurring compensation changes will require a contract amendment.