For when you want to add bonuses, commissions, and one-time payments
Additional payments can be submitted at any time and are payments you want to pay to your team members that are on top of their monthly salary. You can follow the instructions below when you are making payroll changed for team members who are hired as employees.
- You are a company admin user on the Oyster platform
- You are making a payroll change to a team member who is hired as a salaried employee
- You are adding a one-time payment, such as a commission or a bonus.*
1. Go to the page
Payroll in the navigation menu
2. On the payroll page you can see an overview of the estimated payroll amounts for your team members.
3. When you want to add an additional payment, click
Add payroll change button on the top right hand side.
4. Fill in the information on who you want to pay, type of payment, amount, when you want to pay and an optional short description. Please note that the amount will be inputted in the team member's local currency (based on country of employment).
Submit Request & you are done!
Additional payments to be paid at the end of the month, must be added by:
- 4th of the month
- 10th of the month
e.g. for payment at end of January, the additional payment must be added before the 4th of January. The cut-off date is indicated on the payroll page for each team member.
You can add Additional Payments up to 6 months into the future.
* Please note that if you wish to add a recurring monthly allowance or increase the team member's salary, please submit this request to email@example.com. Recurring compensation changes will require a contract amendment.