To fill out your tax compliance form as a contractor, follow the steps below.
- You must be logged into the Oyster platform.
- Navigate to Documents in the left navigation bar and select Tax compliance.
- From here, you can select the green Upload tax form button to upload a completed tax form or complete the form within the Oyster platform by selecting Fill form on the right side of the form's row.
Select Fill form to continue.
- You'll be taken to a page to complete the necessary form. Check to box to agree to electronic signatures and select Get started to continue.
Note: US contractors will be asked to complete the W9, international contractors will be asked to complete the W-8BEN (shown below), and international entities will be asked to complete the W-8BEN-E.
- Fill in the fields to the best of your ability.
Once complete, click I AGREE at the bottom of the form.
You can also preview the form by clicking Preview Document if desired.
That's it! You have completed the tax form requirement! The form status will update from Expected to Provided. You can view this form or download it from the Tax compliance page.
Please note that for legal reasons, we cannot provide tax advice. If you need information about your self-employment tax rate, please refer to a local tax office or qualified tax consultant.