Oyster Health US is the health insurance coverage available to Team Members and their dependents in the United States.
Note: The pricing listed in this article is for health insurance only.
There are additional mandatory costs for Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment with varying amounts of contributions by the company.
Summary of providers
We have partnered with two of the largest health insurers in the US rated high on both customer service and health coverage. These providers are Aetna and Kaiser.
- Aetna is available across two healthcare plans in the whole of US with exceptions in some remote areas which will be covered by the Aetna EPO plan.
- Kaiser is only available in the California region. However both Aetna and Kaiser are available to Team Members to choose from in California. Kaiser is offering two plans— one in Northern California and one in Southern California.
Monthly cost covered by companies:
The new plans start at a minimum of $436 USD per team member/month plus team member contributions, depending on your funding strategy.
Oyster Health US has 3 different funding strategies which can separated into 2 categories:
- Executive A: Employer pays 100% of the cost (including dependents)
- Executive B: Employer pays 100% of the cost for Team Members only
2. All Staff:
Customer pays 80% of the plan cost for the dependent. Team member pays 20% plus any dependents they add.
Monthly cost covered by Team Members:
- Executive A: $0,00
- Executive B: $0,00 - $1,292.61
- All Staff: $109.24 - $1,257.19
Note: Companies must contribute to health care insurance for all Team Members unless a Team Member opts out. Above costs do not include dental and vision, which are included in the US benefits package by nationally recognized provider MetLife. See the 2022 Benefits Overview (linked below) for more information on all other ancillary benefits.
Full coverage details about Oyster Health US can be found in the documents linked below...
Oyster US Benefits Overview
A full overview of all the benefits offered as part of the US health benefits package (including vision and dental) can be found in this document.
Enrolling your team member
Our onboarding team will help you enroll your Team Members into Oyster Health US after you submit a new hire in the Oyster platform.