To hire a new employee, fill out the relevant employment information directly on the Oyster Hire page.
To hire a new contractor, check out the How do I start hiring a new contractor? article.
- You have Admin access to your company’s account.
- You are logged in to the Oyster Platform with your admin credentials
- Click Hire > Start Hiring
- Select the New hire country of residence from the drop-down menu
- Review the cost using the Monthly and Annually toggles.
- When you have selected your package, click Hire as Employee.
- Add your candidate’s personal details, position, compensation, and benefits.
- If available, our virtual hiring assistant, "Pearl," surfaces different tiers of employment terms related to your hiring location to guide you through the process.
- Towards the end of the process, Oyster automatically generates a quote of the employment costs.
- Once you’re ready, submit the hiring request and the Oyster team will get started with onboarding your new team member.
If you're not ready, you can save these details as a draft and come back to edit later.
We usually recommend selecting the Invite team member now option to speed up the hiring process.
If Team Member onboarding is not currently live in the market you are hiring in (check availability here), this step will look different - see the image below.