Here are the steps to hire a team member:
- Company Admin access to the Oyster Platform
- Submit your new hire request on the Oyster Platform
- Send an offer letter to your new hire
- The offer letter outlines the key terms about their employment in their country (salary, holiday, probation period, benefits, etc.)
- This can come directly from Oyster or we're happy to guide you in your conversations with the new hire
- Provide an overview of Oyster
- With your permission, Oyster contacts your hire, explains how Oyster works, and answers any questions that they have
- Our primary goal with your new hire is we want them to feel comfortable and assured about being hired via Oyster
- We provide a GDPR-compliant Privacy Notice so they know how their data will be used
- We ask your new team member to provide information required to be hired (address, social security number, bank details, etc.)
- Sign the Engagement Agreement between your company and Oyster, regarding your new hire.
- The Engagement Agreement outlines all the terms of your new hire's employment. It also has the full breakdown of the costs for your new hire (salary, employer taxes and Oyster fee).
- Sign the Employment Contract and Intellectual Property (IP) Agreement with your new hire.
- Note: the IP Agreement protects your IP and ensures it is your company’s sole property.
- We send the locally compliant Employment Contract to your new hire for review.
- Once the new hire is happy, we request their signature.
- You can choose to sign the IP agreement between Oyster, your company and the new hire.
- Set up a monthly payment cycle
- You will receive an invoice for a one-month deposit for you new hire
- Oyster will set up your monthly payments for all of your hires on the Oyster platform
- You are billed in the currency of your choice.
- Your new hire will be set up on the local payroll
- They will be paid in their local currency at their regular cadence