The Oyster platform is configured to accept current or future-dated time-off requests. An automation has been put in place to reject past-dated time-offs as this impacts payroll and needs to be processed within cut-off periods.
- Ensure that you have the correct dates and reason for the time off. For more information, visit our article What are the types of time-off requests I can file?
- Secure the documentation needed as a reference when needed (i.e. sick note).
A Team Member cannot log past-dated time off on the Oyster platform. Any requests not approved before the start date of the request will be automatically rejected. Only a Company Admin or Oyster support can create a time off record on their behalf.
- Share the correct dates, reason for the time-off, as well as the documentation (when required) with your Team Manager or any Company Admin.
- Request your Team Manager or Company admin to add the request on your behalf. They will be able to find guidance to proceed in our Help Center article How do I create a time-off request on behalf of a team member?
- Once your time-off request is filed and approved by the Company Admin, you will receive a notification via email.