- How frequently are expenses synced?
Approved expenses on Expensify will by synced to Oyster everyday at 03:00 UTC. Approved expenses are those with status “Final Approved” on Expensify. The integration will only sync expenses approved since the time the integration was set up and profiles matched in Oyster.
- How do I know if all profiles on Expensify have been matched to Oyster?
You can see which profiles have been matched in integration settings under the section “Matched team members.”
- Do I need to approve expenses on Oyster?
If you enabled the Expensify integration, you will not need to re-approve them on Oyster. Please use Expensify to approve expenses.
- Can I un-approve an expense?
No. Once expenses have been approved in Expensify and synced to Oyster, they will be locked in the approved state. To unapprove a synced expense please contact Oyster customer support.
- How will I know if there are sync errors?
You will receive a notification for any sync errors in the Oyster Inbox (in-app), via email, and in the “Alerts” section of the integration settings.
- How can I make sure there will not be any sync errors?
Make sure each team member is matched correctly in Oyster, is part of a policy in the team member’s payout currency, and that each expense in the expense report has a valid receipt image attached.
- When will team members be reimbursed for the approved expenses?
Expenses approved before the cut-off date (6th or 10th of the month) will be reimbursed in the payroll for the same month. Expenses approved past the cut-off date will be reimbursed in the following month’s payroll.
- After I enable the integration, do I need to inform my team member not to upload expenses on Oyster?
Yes, once a team member’s profile has been matched they will no longer be able to submit expenses on the Oyster tool and will have to submit any expenses via Expensify.
Also see: How to setup Expensify Integration