Oyster policy is denoted in purple.
Seniority or status levels in Germany are not defined in any statute. “Leitende Angestellte” are executives and are subject to separate termination provisions.
Executives are employees who:
- conduct business on behalf of the company;
- authorize employee hiring or dismissal;
- perform work of great importance to the development and existence of the enterprise;
- perform work that requires specific knowledge and experience; or
- work mainly without direct supervision.
Due to compliance risks the hiring of executive employees or any type of executive, chief officer or director titles is not permitted. Oyster has a “No Hire” List. This must always be consulted when considering Executives or C-Suite Hires in Germany.
Best in Class