Poland - Business Travel Expenses process.

  • Updated


This article will explain what business expenses you can claim and how to get your per diem allowance. 

First, look at the detailed settlement principles for domestic and foreign business trips. You will also find the mandatory documents for your business trip claims there. 

Complete Poland Expense Guide. 

Important guidelines:

  • You have 14 days from the day you return from your business trip to settle the costs incurred during travel.
  • All expenses connected with your business trip paid from your pocket must be submitted through our Oyster platform. Please enter the value from the receipt you are claiming and upload proof of purchase (do not upload tickets you do not intend to claim). Use the original currency - we will handle the FX rate.
  • We don’t want you to double your work - once you entered your expenses through the platform, you don’t have to re-enter them on the business trip form (the form is only to calculate accurate per diem). 
  • All business travel-related expenses can be claimed if you have proof of purchase (it must be either an invoice or receipt; bank statements are unacceptable).
  • If your trip requires you to travel domestically and internationally during a single business trip, please fill in both forms - domestic and foreign.
  • There are some occasions when Employees do not want to claim per diem - skip the business trip form part, but please inform us that you are resining for the right to statutory per diem.
  • Expenses and per diems are paid through payroll on the pay date.

Out-of-pocket expenses

To claim your out-of-pocket expenses, you can just submit them using our Platform.
Please ensure that your claim meets the following criteria to be approved:

  • Proof of payment must be either a receipt, invoice, or bill (bank statements, payment terminal receipts, or screenshots from unrecognized third-party platforms are not accepted).
  • Proof must be readable.
  • Invoice should carry Oyster VAT ID up to 450 PLN, and for sums above 450 PLN, full Oyster name, and VAT ID. Company details can be found here.
  • Please note that providing correct evidence will not mean the expense will be paid as a net amount.

Per diem

To claim per diem, please complete the Business Trip Form and send it to us by raising a ticket here. There is a detailed instruction in the file on how to fill in the document correctly - please take a look at it when you complete the form.

Mileage expense

If you travel with your car, you can claim mileage reimbursement.  Add this form to the ticket together with the Business Trip Form.

Mileage Form.doc



Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request