Local benefits packages enable you to choose from 2 pre-created benefits packages and offer country-tailored benefits to your team. The benefits can include Health insurance, social benefits (such as meal and childcare vouchers), and a gym membership.
Companies can choose from Competitive and Best-in-class packages. Some of the coverage highlights include:
- Faster claim experience
- Best-in-class service by top Spanish providers
- Vision and dental coverage
- 2 different plans to choose from
- the option for dependent coverage* - partner and children
*Dependent coverage must be covered 100% by the customer company and not the Team Member.
Oyster works with top local insurance providers in Spain who understand the market and offer reliable service.
- Health Insurance: Cobee (Cigna)
- Gym plan: Urban Sports
How can you enroll your Team Member in Spain into a Local benefits package?
You can enroll your team into local benefits in Spain from the hiring flow or from the in-app benefits flow.
From the hiring flow:
- After you fill out the compensation details, you will be taken to the Benefits section of the hiring form
- Select a benefits package based on your company’s benefits strategy. Some recommendations include:
- Choose Competitive if you want to offer benefits that most local employers in that specific country offer and want to remain competitive
- Choose Best-in-class if you want to offer premium benefits that set you apart
- Essential covers only the most basic statutory benefits required in Spain. We recommend opting for one of the two other tiers to provide a competitive employment package
- To remain non-discriminatory, it is important to enroll all of your Team Members into the same benefits package.
3. You can also choose coverage for dependents and health add-ons on top of your package. The add-ons include health benefits provided by Allianz. You can learn more about the Allianz plans here.
- After you make a selection you will be shown the total estimated monthly costs.
From the benefits flow:
- Go to People --> Benefits using the left menu bar in your Oyster account
- On the benefits page, you will see a list of engaged team members and their benefits enrollment status. Click on "Enroll benefits" to enroll a team member into benefits.
- You will be taken to a new page from where you can choose the available benefits plan for that team member. You will see local benefits plan options for India, Poland, United States, Canada, and global benefits provider Allianz for other countries.
- After you select a plan and click on "Send request" you will receive a success message. The Oyster support team will now begin the enrollment process along with the benefits vendors.