Local benefits packages enable you to choose from 2 pre-created benefits packages and offer country-tailored benefits to your team. The benefits can include Health insurance, social benefits (such as meal and childcare vouchers), and a gym membership.
Companies can choose from Competitive and Best-in-class packages. Some of the coverage highlights include:
- Faster claim experience
- Best-in-class service by top Spanish providers
- Vision and dental coverage
- 2 different plans to choose from
- the option for dependent coverage* - partner and children
*Dependent coverage must be covered 100% by the customer company and not the Team Member.
|Perks (Gym plan)||-||€37|
|Benefit Support Fee||€45||€70|
Oyster works with top local insurance providers in Spain who understand the market and offer reliable service.
- Health Insurance: Cobee (Cigna)
- Gym plan: Urban Sports
How to enroll your Team Member in Spain into a local benefits package
You can enroll your team into local benefits in Spain from the hiring flow or from the in-app benefits flow.
Please note employees who do not yet have an NIE or NIF number cannot be enrolled in health and social benefits.
From the hiring flow:
- After you fill out the compensation details, you will be taken to the Benefits section of the hiring form.
- Select a benefits package based on your company’s benefits strategy. Here's some recommendations on which to choose:
- Competitive - if you want to offer benefits that most local employers in that specific country offer and want to remain competitive.
- Best-in-class - if you want to offer premium benefits that set you apart.
Essential - to cover only the most basic statutory benefits required in Spain. We recommend opting for one of the two other tiers to provide a competitive employment package.
To remain non-discriminatory, it is important to enroll all of your Team Members into the same benefits package.
- You can also choose coverage for dependents and health add-ons on top of your package. The add-ons include health benefits provided by Allianz.
- Make a selection to see the total estimated monthly costs.
From the benefits flow:
- Click People > Benefits from the left menu in your Oyster account.
- On the Benefits page, review the list of engaged Team Members and their benefits enrollment status. Click Enroll benefits to enroll a Team Member into benefits.
- The Request Benefits Enrollment page opens. Select a plan.
- Click Send request. Wait for the success message to appear.
- The Oyster support team will begin the enrollment process along with the benefits vendors.