Local benefits packages enable you to choose from 3 pre-created benefits packages and offer country-tailored benefits to your team. The benefits can include health and life insurance, perks, allowances, and pension based on the country.
Companies can choose from Essential, Competitive, and Best-in-class packages. Some of the coverage highlights include:
- Dedicated app to book appointments
- Faster claim experience
- Accident/disability insurance
- Best-in-class service by top India providers
- 3 different plans to choose from
- Dependent coverage - Partner, children and parents
Oyster works with top local insurance providers in India who understand the market and offer reliable service.
- Health Insurance: Plum
- Life and Disability Insurance: Plum
How to enroll your Team Member in India into a local benefits package
You can enroll your team into local benefits in India from the hiring flow or from the in-app benefits flow.
From the hiring flow:
- After you fill out the compensation details, you will be taken to the Benefits section of the hiring form.
- Select a benefits package based on your company’s benefits strategy. Here's some recommendations on which to choose:
- Choose Essential if you only want to offer statutory and common benefits
- Choose Competitive if you want to offer benefits that most local employers in that specific country offer and want to remain competitive
- Choose Best-in-class if you want to offer premium benefits that sets you apart
To remain non-discriminatory, it is important to enroll all of your Team Members into the same benefits package.
- You can also choose to select health add-ons on top of your package. The add-ons include health benefits provided by Allianz.
- After you make a selection you will be shown the total estimated monthly costs.
From the benefits flow:
- Click People > Benefits from the left menu in your Oyster account.
- On the Benefits page, review the list of engaged Team Members and their benefits enrollment status. Click Enroll benefits to enroll a team member into benefits.
- The Request Benefits Enrollment page opens. Select a plan.
You will see local benefits plan options for India, Poland, United States, and Canada and global benefits provider Allianz for other countries.
- Click Send request. Wait for the success message to appear.
- The Oyster support team will now begin the enrollment process along with the benefits vendors.