How can we transition a Contractor to a Team Member?

Dori Jean Baptiste
Dori Jean Baptiste

Knowing the distinctions between a Team Member (also known as an FTE or Full Time Employee) and a Contractor will help you determine exactly which type of employment you require. You can read more about this in our article What is the difference between a Full-Time Employee and a Contractor?


  1. Submit the Contractor as a new hire on the Oyster platform noting "Your contractor" in the Hiring Status.
  2. Remember not to terminate the Contractor's agreement until they've worked out the start date, this way we ensure that the Contractor is paid prior to their start as an FTE, to ensure there are no breaks in pay unless otherwise agreed upon. 
  3. Follow the steps in the article How do I submit a new hire request? to continue the process. 

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request