Paid time off (PTO) is also known as annual leave. It's paid time off provided to Team Members as part of their Employment Agreement. These leave credits are accrued from the start of the contract.
What do I need to determine my remaining paid time off days?
You can access the required information through the Oyster platform.
- Start date. Your start date can be found on the platform by accessing the Team Member Dashboard. Click on the profile link and the employment tab.
Holidays as indicated on your employment agreement. This is the contract you signed which outlines the terms of your employment like compensation, responsibilities, benefits, etc. You can find a copy of your signed agreement on the platform by clicking on the documents section.
How do I calculate the remaining PTO days?
Once all of the above information is available, follow the steps below:
- Check the platform to see how many days of PTO you have already used up. You can find more information in the article How do I see a summary of my time off?
- Divide the number of holidays indicated in your employment agreement by 12 (the total number of months in a year).
- Calculate the answer from step 2 by the total number of months since your start date.
- Make sure to deduct any public holidays you may have already taken, as these are not included in the time off logged on the platform.
- The calculation steps mentioned above only provide an approximate number. For more information, please raise a ticket with our support team.
Rounding the whole PTO days accrued varies country by country. I've included information below on whether rounding up entire PTO days accrued is required.
- Germany - rounding down
- UK - Yes
- Romania - Yes
- Czech Republic - No
- Canada - No
- Spain - No
- United States - No
- Japan - Yes rounds up from .5 or down under .5.
- Singapore - No
- Portugal - No
- Ireland - No