Timesheets are a requirement in a few different countries in the world. To date, Team Members have used forms outside of the Oyster platform to track their time, but this functionality is currently being brought into the Oyster platform.
- Find out which markets require time tracking
- Find out which markets have access to in-platform time tracking
The steps below outline how to access and update timesheets within the Oyster platform.
1. To access the time tracking feature, click on the Time tracking tab in the sidebar. This will take you to the main Time tracking page where you can see all of your current and past timesheets.
2. To add a new timesheet, click on Add a timesheet. In the next screen, you can set your standard work schedule, which will pre-fill the monthly timesheet.
If you work different days of the week, you can select or deselect the relevant days accordingly:
The next section allows you to fill in your typical start and end times for each day. You can make individual adjustments or set your start and end time for the first day and quickly copy that to the rest.
The final section allows you to add a break duration. If you typically take the same amount of break each day, you can leave the box checked. If you take a different amount of break each day, then you can unselect the box and enter specific break lengths for each day of the week.
From here, click the Generate timesheet buttonto proceed to the monthly view.
*Note: a timesheet can only be generated for the current calendar month. If you need to generate a past or future timesheet, please contact Oyster Support.
*Note: you can only generate one timesheet per month. If there is already a timesheet created for the current month, you should edit the existing one instead.
3. The next screen will show you the monthly timesheet, which has been pre-filled based on your inputs from the previous screen. From here, you can edit individual days and add more specific details as needed.
You will see the following additional columns in the full timesheet view:
- Time off: Data in this column is pre-populated from the Oyster time off feature. If a day is missing, please add it via the Time off tab. Public holidays will automatically be reflected as well. The work time and break will not be pre-populated if there is time off or a public holiday.
- Present: This column calculates the total amount of time that you were present at work.
- Total hours worked: This column calculates the amount of time you were present, minus any breaks.
- Overtime: This column requires manual entry. If you worked overtime, please add the amount of time that you worked and make sure it is reflected in start and end time within the Work time column. Overtime is not currently automatically calculated.
- Standby (if activated for your country): This column requires manual entry. If you were required to be on standby / on call outside of your normal working hours, please add the amount of time in this column. It should not be reflected in the start and end time within the Work time column.
- Night work (if activated for your country): This column requires manual entry. If you worked hours at night (depending on the law in your country), please add the amount of time that you worked and make sure it is reflected in start and end time within the Work time column. Night work is not currently automatically calculated.
4. Once you are satisfied with the hours recorded in your monthly timesheet, you will be required to sign off by clicking the certification button. If you would like to save the timesheet and return to it later, you may click Finish later.
Timesheets are due on the first day of the following month. You will receive a reminder 1 week before the close date.
5. Timesheets can be viewed, edited, and downloaded in PDF from the main time tracking page.
If Oyster Support creates a timesheet on your behalf, you will be notified and asked to review and sign off the timesheet.